Quick Links


We are please to be able to provide a free, easy to manage moving checklist to help guide you along the way.  We have made this checklist easy to add/remove items you may or may not need as everyone's situation and interest are different.   Timelines may vary so be sure to confirm with your real estate agent the important dates that apply to you and your situation. Get it below by filling out your name & e-mail to download it for free. 


Who do I notify for my move 

How do I change my mailing address (forward my mail)?


Property Assessment

"Property Assessments" will arrive at the beginning of each year - if you wish to appeal their evaluation, there is a limited time period to contact them for an appeal.  1-866-valueBC (1-866-825-8322).  The market value is based on values from July 1 of the following year.   For more information on Assessments...  

Property Tax due date,

"Important dates for your property taxes as per Government of BC's website.

The important dates for your property taxes depend on where your property is located.

Municipal or First Nation properties
If you own property taxed by a municipality or First Nation, contact them directly for important dates.

Rural area properties
If you own property or lease Crown land in a rural area, important dates are:

Annual Municipal Utilities

Are annual and the due date varies, depending on each municipality.  Some municipalities include this tax within the annual property tax.   The types of Utilities for each Municipality and property vary, some include the cost for water distribution, sewer disposal and waste collection services to residents.   Utilities also depend on what each property may or may not be required.... for example, some are on well systems and will therefore not need the municipal water supply.   The following are some links to reference for your specific area information.  If you do not see your area here, please email us at results@teamperic.com with subject line:  Utility Information and we will send you the link; 

Speculation and Vacancy Tax

This is for residential properties in major urban areas in B.C.    "Speculation and Vacancy Tax Declaration(s)" must be submitted every year, even if your information has remained the same. Vancouver's Empty Home Tax is different from this tax. If you own property in Vancouver, you need to know the rules for both taxes and you’ll have to declare for each tax.  

January 31
May 31
  • Your rural property tax notice is mailed out
  • Contact us at 1-888-355-2700 if you have not received your property tax notice
July 4
July 5
August 23
  • A Statement of Account is mailed out to you if you have an unpaid account balance from a previous year. You will continue to receive monthly statements until your account balance has been paid
November 1
November 2
  • An additional 5% penalty is applied to your unpaid account balance, including any unclaimed home owner grant
  • A 10% penalty is applied to your unpaid account balance if you are in the Farm Extension Program
December 31

If you do not pay your taxes and any late-payment penalties in the current tax year, your account will become overdue. Find out what happens if you have an overdue account balance."

**the above information was obtained May of 2022 may be out of date. If important, these dates should be by visiting the Government of BC's official site.

Transportation options in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley

Public Transportation

Plan your route.  The lower mainland has many forms of public transit.  From Buses, Seabus, West Coast Express, Trip Planner (then when they client on this tab). 

Our public transit system: Public Transit Trip Planner

Connect with the Community:

*Key here is that you are not alone.  No matter what community you move into, there are people there for you.  People who are just like you, probably having the same connection concerns as yourself.   Be open.  Some will be receptive and some will not.   Some people move slowly and others jump right into a conversation….   The more someone sees you at the same events, the more comfortable they will likely be. 

  • Connect with people/businesses in your new area.  Make friends, business connections and children programs in your new area. 
  • Rec centre programs
  • Facebook mom (which can also include Dad’s) groups in your new areas
  • City or community Events (in local newspapers, facebook and instagram)
  • If you own a business, connect with the Chamber of Commerce in your area.
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.